With Thanksgiving a wrap and Christmas just around the corner, it’s time to hunt for that perfect tree. If the smell of fresh pine, clean mountain air and a saw in hand is part of your family tradition, here are a few tree cutting options around the Colorado Springs area. And once you find that perfect evergreen, dust off those sleds on one of these local sledding hills!
Cut your own Christmas tree in Black Forest. Located northeast of Colorado Springs, this farm makes for an easy trip. The majority of their trees are Scotch Pine with a few Blue Spruce. Wreaths are available for sale as well. They are open from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays through December 9th. They are located at 18520 Shannon Road, Colorado Springs, CO.
Your Neighborhood Christmas Tree Farm
To the north of Colorado Springs is Your Neighborhood Christmas Tree Farm. They have a variety of pre-cut and you-cut trees, along with wreaths. They offer marshmallow roasting and hot apple cider, as well as a few fun activities for kids. Use this link for directions, hours and pricing.
If you prefer to stay off the beaten path and away from the manicured atmosphere of a tree farm, then for just $20.00 you can purchase a permit and head to the National Forest. These trees will be less formed and you will have to abide by certain guidelines when choosing your tree. The Pikes Peak Ranger District will be offering Christmas tree permits from December 2nd through December 18th at the District Office from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Use this link for all the details. You will more than likely need a 4WD vehicle for this adventure.
If our pre-Halloween snow storms are any indication of what our winter will be like here in Colorado Springs, you will want to keep this list handy for some of the best sledding hills in the city.
- Kathleen O Neal Marriage Park, 2320 Amberwood Ln., Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Jenkins Elementary, 6410 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80923
- Eugene McCleary Park, 5214 Pioneer Mesa Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80923
- Bear Creek Regional Park, 21st Street & West Rio Grande Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Van Diest Park, 1520 South Chelton Rd., Colorado Springs, CO 80910
- Broadmoor Bluffs Park, 5315 Farthing Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Quail Lake Park, 915 Cheyenne Mountain Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Madison Park, 2112 North Murray Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Wasson Park, 1910 North Circle Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Village Green Park, 3590 Carefree Circle North, Colorado Springs, CO 80917
- Cottonwood Creek Park, 7040 Rangewood Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- Jack Templeton Park, 5347 Rose Ridge Ln., Colorado Springs, CO 80917
- Mountain Shadows Park, 5151 Flying W Ranch Rd., Colorado Springs, CO 80919
- Woodstone Park, 1315 Carlson Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80919
- Garden of the Gods (Off Niabara Trail-East side), 1805 N. 30th St., Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell in Colorado Springs, we are here for you. Contact our team today!